FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Estimating the Diamond Medallion Population
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:42 pm
TheHorta

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The AMEX waiver for DM is $250K not $25K spend. Your entire theory is wrong. You're a year behind reality.
No, I'm well aware of the $250K waiver. Like many others here, I exceeded that in Q1 of this year. For those who received the third MQM boost notice from Amex, that means you can now -- for the first time ever -- reach DM without having to fly a single mile, literally. Even for those who didn't receive the notice, you'd still be able to achieve DM by flying only 25K MQM which, in some instances, can happen in just two flights.

There should be NO MQD waiver(s) for higher tiers. That's my point. $250K is still too easy to reach for many. If I can do it so easily -- basically running what amounts to little more than a home-based business -- then so can others. It dilutes "Elite" status and cheats those who actually fly the miles and pay the dollars. So, why not create a published tier (i.e. not a mystical, arbitrary, invite-only tier -- which is fine, BTW) that TRULY rewards the people who pay Delta to spend countless hours inside their tubes. Enough with the CC shenanigans.