FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS LAX Connection: T-6 <-> TBIT
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:19 pm
Legend717

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks (very belatedly) for this information. My wife and I will be transferring from an SQ flight arriving 6:30 am to AS (to SFO) in November on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It will be two separate tickets. We have Global Entry, just carry-on bags and will be in a premium cabin, so should deplane pretty fast, plus we have Fast Track and will check in online. Two questions:

1. Given all of the above, I'm assuming that unless the SQ flight is delayed we should comfortably make the 8:30 am AS flight. But there is also a 9:30 am flight. Any advice on this would be welcome.

2 Also, if we need to kill time, is there a lounge we can use in-between? I have Priority Pass and Amex Plat, but not Alaska Lounge access.

Thanks for any help.
1. That's two hours to enter, clear, walk, etc. I think you should be fine, but given that it's a weekend before a major holiday, you might just choose to book yourself some peace of mind, and go with the 0930 departure. Which would give you time for:
2. Can't you use the Star Alliance lounge after ARRIVING in business class on SQ? I BELIEVE you can... may be worth Googling. But, if you can, the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT is pretty nice. Very decent food spread, plus great shower suites. Then just use the connectors to get from TBIT to the Alaska LAX madhouse terminal. I don't recommend the Alaska Lounge at LAX, particularly if you can re-clear security at TBIT and use the Star Lounge there.