FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:50 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cab747
This is the confusing part. Why in the t&c does it state a 2018 and 2019 section about the elite nights. We all know in 2019 it's 15 max regardless of number of co-brand cards. I thought it would be possible to get 15 nights for 2018 also?

Is Marriott and SPG each awarding a max of 15 elite nights this year? I haven't merged yet, got my 15 from the Marriott Visa, and my 5 from the SPG Amex. I thought maybe I could get another 10 nights if an upgrade to the Luxury card was made. But I don't know.
The 15 elite nights post at renewal, not at initiation. With a new SPG Amex Luxury card account, nobody will have a renewal until 2019.

I don't know how will it will work if you upgrade an existing SPG Amex personal card account that has a renewal between now and the end of 2018. My guess is that the first renewal of the SPG Luxury card would be a year from initiation of the account, not when the personal card would have renewed.