FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:45 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
Hi Orbitmic. I just completed a 3EF trip on A350 from CDG. They a re a bit less spacious than on the 77W, but great nonetheless.
You get plenty of advice in this thread. let me add my own.

- a/b and j/k are ALL window seats. To me, the difference is that in b you sit next to the suite wall and in a you sit next to the fuselage wall which I tend to slightly prefer.

- This is a real suite and it is hard to communicate with another seat. Then you have to stand up anyway. It is easier to stand up, stay in your suite and talk between 3A and 4B, than 3A and 2B because the seat itself makes it further (hard to explain). But I assume that you will be polite in trying to avoid disturbing other pax

- You might be a huge fan of windows. But I strongly advise you to consider E&F unless you are travelling with a work companion and don't wish to interact much. These are real suites with doors mostly closed. With my wife, we love to have this common space; it is quite huge. The only drawback is that the screens are huge (and excellent quality with a very fast system) and without separation between the two seats, you are distracted by the movie just next to your screen. A major benefit for me is the common space of the two beds (it's not a double bed because the legs are separated). I sleep on the side and the seat is a bit too constricted from foot to knee. But with the two beds next to each other, I have plenty of space.to turn my knee or my .... Just don't forget to ask for an extra duvet to use as mattress.

- And the usual word of caution. You are never assured to have the Qsuites due to ac substitution.
BTW: On my two flights this week I had an excellent Cap de Mourlin 2004, one of my preferred Saint Emilion.
Thanks brunos, always lovely to see you on any forum! Yes, we are both the polite and "afraid to disturb" type so it's more likely we'll just stand up and wink at each other than have a loud conversation! On the other hand, I'm not the one to convince about the EF pair. I'm a pathetic romantic for all my sins, but I'm afraid that if you asked my partner to choose between spending her 15 hour flight with me and no window, or a window and no me, she'll rightly choose the window any day! In truth, we are lucky enough to spend a lot of time together.

Look forward to the trip and the wine, and yes I realise the Q suite can still be replaced, but fingers crossed anyway!