FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:40 am
ocdb8r

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by ryan182
Anyone who did not get an upgrade offer have any luck with calling and asking or even retention? Background: I've had Amex PLT since 99 (avg ~150K/yr), the SPG card since 2004-2005 I believe, I only use the SPG card at SPG hotels (~25K/yr), I did sign up for and get the Chase Marriott card when they had the 100K offer a few weeks back - my understanding is until the 26th that shouldnt affect my ability to get a bonus on this card. I'd take an upgrade to the Amex Luxury card if it came with a decent bonus but seems I was not targeted and thus considering dropping the Amex SPG card in Jan (renewal date) w/o one since its basically the same as the Chase I just got. Second question, am I correct in my understanding that if I do not get an offer but apply outright for the Lux card before the 26th even as someone who currently has the old SPG card and recently got the Chase PremierPlus card I can get the 100K SPG bonus?
For the most part you should eligible. This is nearly the exact situation I was in (long time SPG Amex personal and business card holder, Amex Plat holder and just got the Marriott Premier Plus 3 weeks ago). I applied for the SPG Luxury card yesterday and was approved. However, there are reports of others in a similar situation being denied the bonus during their application. Amex now includes language that allows them to consider a variety of factors in consideration of your eligibility for a bonus. The good thing is that they do a check prior to doing a hard pull on your credit report and will inform you if they feel you are not eligible for the bonus BEFORE they complete that hard pull. Bottom line, go through the application process. If the application processes immediately, you'll get the bonus. If after clicking submit you are prompted with a message that you are ineligible, it will ask for a second confirmation that you still wish to proceed with the application.