FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:22 pm
khlay

Originally Posted by miles4CDG
Just called back Amex and got further clarification on the statement credit - it is a one-shot $300 credit against a folio that is $300+. Room rate & incidentals. So it does not work like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Travel Credit that credits back any qualifying travel purchases up to $300. If you have a folio under $300, you do not trigger the credit.
Just call Amex and get different answer. Here are some data points and and Q/A:
1. Business card anniversary on 8/7. Statement date 8/10. Points for last statement posted on today 8/24 sometime between 8am-11am. No free night cert yet. CSR said I'm eligible but may take some time to post. He said 8-12 weeks.
2. Personal card got an 100k upgrade offer. Accepted yesterday and got no email confirmation. Web page still shows regular card. CSR said it's already become luxury card since yesterday. No worry.
3. Personal card anniversary is on 11/01. CSR said anniversary has not been reset so I can get the free night in Nov. Also $300 credit both before Nov and after Nov.
4. He said there is no at least $300 limit. It can be any amount as long as charging to the room and paid with the card.

If what I heard is true, it's a good deal for upgrade.