FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:25 am
Cielito_

InterContinental Frankfurt

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
No.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard room ---> Deluxe Room

How was the room?
ca. 26-29sqm sqm, high floor, not a corner room (but it should be following the description on website), no separate sofa area, exactly like a standard room. Air conditioning was a joke.
Bathroom was miniature. I did not notice any difference to superior room (standard on high floor) when I was Ambassador last year

How is the Club InterContinental?
On the twentieth floor. Buffet breakfast was of bad quality and I didn't like the Egg Benedict even the second time.
Happy Hour from 6 to 8 pm. Standard liqueur, nothing to mention about. Champagne: Nicolas Feuillatte. One hot (non-vegetarian) dish (meat balls).
Service was rarely experienced.
In terms of quantity and quality it was for me like a better club lounge Crowne Plaza Hamburg.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Standard ambassador treatment.

How was the mini-bar?
Many soft drinks, just 2x liqueurs. below average.

What was good?
-view to the skyline

What was bad?
- My room was connected with a corner room with balcony (in total the size of a Panorama Suite), connecting door was opened and a prosecco treatment was waiting on the sofa table.
After a few hours of being away I noticed that the corner room was used by another person that had access many hours to my room and to my documents.
Explanation: The corner room was not meant to be mine.
- Restaurant breakfast will not be granted.
- Room upgrade was a bad joke.
- Air conditioning had only a minimal influence to the (warm) room temperature
- Overall condition of the furnishings.
- Club lounge miles away in terms of service and quality comparing to Berlin and Düsseldorf.
​​
Value for cash/points?
Points may have good value if rates are high on weekdays. For the given I am sure there are better 4-5 star options for minimal price difference.

Would you return?
Only with RA and if rate shows a significant discrepancy to other properties. To get a better room I recommend to book Superior (for Club Room) or Deluxe (for Club Suite).