FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are you going next?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:56 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lambi
September - San Francisco - Ritz Carlton
December - New York - Undecided (asking for recommendations in another thread)
Late February - Shanghai - The Peninsula
Early March - Bangkok - Undecided (looking at MO, Pen, Okura Prestige, Kempinski - Hard product and location is much more interesting than soft product in a city I know well enough)
April - Dubai - Leaning towards FS Jumeirah Beach, Armani or Bulgari. Would love recommendations, a good beach and location is very important. Started looking at O&O The Palm, but I read that food and drinks at the pool area was forbidden so that's off the list.
If you don't mind me sharing a few thoughts:

Stayed at Ritz Carlton and St. Regis San Francisco. Not even close. St. Regis is better in every way. Hard and soft products and definitely location. Butler service for suites guests is fantastic!
New York - lots of options but I do like The Baccarat for Mid-town (poor views and breakfast menu is limited, but I think it's one of the top hard products in NY). Downtown area, I like the new Four Seasons a lot and often, very good value.
Bangkok - I'd favor MO and while The Siam is a bit out of the way, love the product there and the GM & teams are simply wonderful. They are really service and guest centric.
Dubai - FS Jumeirah Beach is always a favorite in Dubai if beach is a must have. Otherwise, the new Bulgari seems very promising. Just had clients complete a 3rd stay and still raved about it but it's not on a beach. On a Marina.

Looks like a fun trip, enjoy!!!