FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:40 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Score8
I don't understand the motivation to not go retroactive. Flooding the market isn't an excuse as this is a highly predictable number. Seems pretty random that only folks with fewer nights who stay in the latter half of the year would get 2018 SNA/Free nights. It's rewarding mid-tier over upper tier. Sensibility would show that there is an IT issue with ruling out SPG members who already hit the 50 threshold and were given the SNAs versus the rest of us that hit the 50/75 threshold post-merge of accounts. I'm at like 125 (88/37).
I see so many corner cases that they have to draw the line somewhere. If you were SPG Plat and did 50 nights before 7/27, you may have chosen 10 SNAs, so should they get another 5 if they have over 75 nights now (combined or not)? What about those that have not combined their accounts and have over 50/75 nights, should they also get 5/10 SNAs? That math says a person could get 25 SNAs! With all those SNAs floating around through 2019 would seriously dilute the benefit. And imagine the liability/cost if all those people choose a free night!

As the saying goes, don't go counting your chickens before the eggs have hatched. And in this case, if they do issue the SNAs, will you actually be able to use them?