FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Years of status is available
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:13 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Yes.

In addition to showing only some of my status years, mine is showing the same number of years for "Years as Gold or Platinum" as it is for "Years as Platinum". Makes no sense. Even putting aside for the moment the issue of which years count, I had enough nights for some gold years and some platinum years. Either they are counting gold years as platinum in the count they are showing**, in which case everyone should have the same number of gold/platinum as platinum, or they aren't, in which case, anyone who has the same number in both is being treated as having zero gold years. What am I missing here?

**They said they would count gold as platinum for lifetime purposes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's how they'll show it on the screen.
The old Marriott Gold will count as Platinum for LT status under the new program,, the old SPG Gold will count as Gold under the new program. So it depends on where your years for LT status originate from whether there will be a difference in the gold/plat count and plat count.