FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Munich Airport {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:57 am
Zurich

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have stayed in the north wing (corner room) over the week-end and I was blown away by high standards I met everywhere. I am sure, a stay at the older wings would have left me less enthusiastic, but the north wing is really nice beyond average. And the whole experience was like being a diamond in "the old days" when distinct privileges were ample.

The check-in experience was already out of the world done by a skilled, welcoming agent. We were told, that the minibar was free and if we wanted to go to the bar we should stop by the front desk for vouchers. I kindly asked for a voucher right now to go and she issued a double voucher (2 drinks for 2 pax/each)! And if we wanted more we only should come back to the front desk.

Going to the room we saw advertised that an executive lounge is on its way and will be opened in September. Most likely this will stop drink vouchers. The room was extremely elegant, high quality furniture and fabrics. The minibar had 4 beers, (two brands), still and sparkling mineral water, coke and few sweets. There was a welcome amenity waiting for us. The bath room was of good size with shower only.

There are automatic blinds which do not work at the moment, because the caused reflections disturbing flight traffic. I have no idea how this will be resolved. But there were ample curtains to black out day light. However, they do not completely black out as those automatic blinds would probably do. But since we had a corner room we had plenty of windows and day light, of course. The windows cannot be opened, if I remember correctly.

Going to the bar we were able to chose anything. Our choice was champagne by the glass and we were offered a second glass as well (with our double voucher). The restaurant had a limited menu due to the buffet (Route 66) they offer on Saturday night. We are skeptics when it comes to buffet but when entering the restaurant the good smell was convincing. Again, very friendly and efficient staff. We were shown to our table leaving some seating option open. Our waiter took the drink orders. Wines were good and prices moderate for an airport hotel. The buffet was fantastic in terms of quality, diversity and quantity. We didi not regret having opted for the menu.

Next morning, we enjoyed one of the best Hilton breakfasts ever with likewise good service. Staff seemed plenty so there were no waiting times for any requests, tables were cleared quickly, staff was motivated and efficient.

I read many excellent reviews about this hotel and now I know why it is graded high. The only back-draw when staying here is that Munich is a 42-45 minutes train ride away and at the airport there is not much to do. But in connection with a flight this is the place to stay!