FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:35 pm
arlflyer

Originally Posted by Concerto
I was just wondering about the Leningradskaya, if it is a bit austere. I will need to have a couple of sensitive meetings while there, and if the place is too austere and coldly grandiose then it might not be appropriate this time (rejuvenating a broken relation). Given I don't have Hitlon status, how much would breakfast set me back there?
I'm not sure I can speak to the appropriateness of the decor for your intended purpose - "austere" and "grandiose" are pretty much antonyms so I'm not entirely getting what you're going for. In my experience it feels like how I'd expect a higher-end hotel in an old Soviet building to feel. It's not over-the-top and dripping in gold like you'd find in Dubai or such, but it doesn't feel like a prison either. If you want to exude happiness and cheer, this may or not be the place; maybe you'd want someplace more modern. On the other hand, if you want to convey that you're serious, then it's certainly a formal setting.

If it helps, I found the pictures I looked at online before staying there to be accurate and well-representative of the property, so maybe they will help.

Re: breakfast, here is the menu. Looks like the buffet is 1950 RUB or about $30 US.

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...u_Mar_2018.pdf