FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Air Interline Agreement for Mainland Flights?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:54 pm
bpratt

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by ShinyO
I'm expecting the answer to this is no, but I thought I'd ask. I've booked an HA flight from OGG-HNL-LAX in J and then a same-day basic economy on DL from LAX-SJC. Since they're separately purchased tickets I've given myself enough time to collect bags, change terminals, check in with DL, check bags, go through security again etc. However, I know HA and DL are codeshare partners (though neither of these are codeshare flights.) Is there any option under the sun where I can somehow link these two flights (HNL-LAX on HA and LAX-SJC on DL) so that my bags can be transferred to the Delta flight and I can skip the hassle of going through the security line again (take the terminal change bus instead?)

And if it's possible, I presume I would have to contact HA rather than DL. Or both?

(My complicated itinerary is all in pursuit of a lie-flat seat from HNL to LAX since HA is flying 767s to SJC)
This may be too late, but if you are ending up in SJC you should also look at HA 41/42. That’s the nonstop SFO-OGG and return, and it uses the A330 with lie flat. You could go OGG-SFO then Uber down to San Jose a lot quicker than OGG-HNL-LAX-SJC.

bob