FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Kiosks Declarations and Food Questions
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:31 pm
TheMadBrewer

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by rickg523
That's just being argumentative. I used a simplified, general definition, instead of some legalistic, "what the definition of is is" one. Is that what you want? 3 paragraphs on the screen to satisfy your definitional demands? 3 paragraphs that could change without notice, so every time you go through you've got to read it word for word? More pertinently, that every traveler in front of you gets to spend an extra 5 minutes reading it? Might as well just get in the regular line.
You know that toothpaste ain't food, so does CBP.
I'm not being argumentative -- you said you were given direction by CBP if you put it in your mouth it is food. If you say "of course that is not food" how am I to know and what logic to I apply. And I would argue that toothpaste and chewing gum are logically the same -- you put them in your mouth but you (generally) don't swallow them. If get dinged for one I should get dinged for the other. I guess we are at "I don't know what food is but I know it when I see it"