FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:12 pm
AndWhatsYourPoint

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
Another Data Point...

I'm a legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite (2M Points/750 Nights) and I also have 14 years as Marriott Platinum. By any measure I should now be Platinum Premier Elite, but everywhere on the Marriott site and in the App I show as Lifetime Platinum Elite.

So I called the Platinum line and was lucky enough to get someone in Salt Lake City. She told me that she shows me as Lifetime Platinum Elite but does see all of my points/nights/years and said I should be Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. She said they are hoping most of the issues are resolved automatically by the end of the week and the agents have been instructed not to change anything in the users accounts.

I asked her what was going to be done if my upcoming three stays are credited incorrectly when it comes to bonus points and she said if the issue isn't resolved before my stays that once the system is stable it's going to go back through and look for stays since the software merger and make retroactive adjustments where necessary. She said if that fails we'll fix them manually once they're brought to our attention.

I asked her about the rumors I'm hearing online that the upgrade to LTPP for those that had already earned LTP prior to the merger, or those that make it by the end of the year, is nothing but in name only and they are not going to receive any of the upgraded benefits and she chuckled and said no, LTPP is no different than any other lifetime status, and that you get all of the benefits of that status unless a particular benefit has additional stipulations, like the 50/75 qualified night Annual Gift Choice.

She really felt good about most of the big issues being fixed by the end of the week and then the agents could dig in and fix individual issues that the system missed. She told me if my account status isn't resolved by the start of next week to give them a call back and see if the agents have been given more leeway to make adjustments.

So that's what I was just told. Is any of it true? Only time will tell.