FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling/Changing Old SPG Reservations Post Aug 18 - Points Refund Delay
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:54 am
pokee

Originally Posted by peroorim
I did the same for a Marriott property and the points difference was back in my account immediately
Yeah, it's not an issue for Marriott reservations, because your Marriott account hasn't changed. This is only an issue for SPG reservations made prior to Aug. 18 - because everyone was generated a new SPG number. The refunds are being posted to the old SPG numbered account.

I'm convinced they are going to need to implement a fix for this - and it's going to take time. Their conversion program was only intended to take points from your old SPG to your new SPG once. Unless they run this conversion program daily for the next year, triggered to transfer points from old to new if there is a points balance in any old-numbered SPG accounts, they're never going to catch all of the points posted to old accounts.

I am guessing the only other resolution (short of a manual adjustment) is they create a program to somehow link the old and new spg accounts, so any refunded points will be reflected in the new SPG account.

My concern is that once the SPG and Marriott accounts are "merged" - will the ability to refund points for old SPG reservations be lost forever?