FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:31 am
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by hkamy
On the HKG - ORD flight tomorrow - August 20th. Incoming aircraft coming from Xiamen. Has been up there for a couple weeks. I've checked in and seat still showing old configuration so not sure what to expect when I arrive tomorrow......any insight?
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
According to https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking, it's likely gotten the new Polaris seats.
Originally Posted by phkc070408
I saw this as well. I saw this happen about a month and a half ago. Something tells me that there is another "line" going on in XMN with the 772s that does not involve a Polaris / PE retrofit. The last time it was close to a 6 week turnaround, the same as it was this time. I believe that's why the admins on the fleet site put the "?" after the word "Polaris" over in the status column.
Originally Posted by findark
Some speculation in the fleet thread that some of the frames are just getting C checks.
I watched this flight and the seat map never changed to the Polaris configuration -- so must not have been modified yet and was in for maintenance.