FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hans does stupid Routings: Japan with some Detours
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:09 am
The_Mileonaire

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, *A Gold, Sixt Platinum, Etihad Gold
Tuesday, 22.5.2018:

Today was the day, tons of the infamous Lufthansa lounge potato salad were waiting for me!

These were the flights ahead of me:

22.5.: MXP → FRA (LH C)
22.5.: FRA → SIN (SQ C)
23.5.: SIN → KUL (MH Y)

I normally go to the office at around 11, so getting up at 4 was quite a challenge. I still was able to pull it off, and stand in front of the Moxy freshly showered at 4AM:

The airport shuttle bus station was directly across the street, and it brought me to MXP's terminal 1.

I flew out of Milan's terminal 1 quite often in the past due to all the crazy Alitalia error fares, so it was like a trip down memory lane. I checked in at the LH desk...

…all the way to Singapore. Lufthansa has a new lounge in Milan, and I obviously had to check it out:

There weren't that many guests early in the morning, so I could take some photos without looking like an annoying travel blogger:

No potato salad just yet, but tasty espresso and pizza. All in all a nice little lounge, here are some more photos if you're interested: Lufthansa Lounge Milan-Malpensa: Review & Photo Report | The Mileonaire

The 5*-Hansa should then bring me to Frankfurt that morning. I got seat 4A with lots of premium-blue, but also (mild shock!) lots of non-premium-yellow (if you've followed their brand color discussion):

The breakfast on board was rather on the smaller end, but at least the ham was good:

Real 5 stars appeared when looking out the window though, awesome views of the alps can't be beaten:

After arrival in Frankfurt it was time for an involuntary airport tour with the COBUS express, but at least a good chance for some plane spotting:

My #1 goal in Frankfurt? Carsten Spohr's potato salad paradise, the Business Class Lounge at B44! Up the stairs...

...and into the joys of tons of bucket salads:

While functional, the LH lounges sometimes feel super sterile to me. At least I could take a shower:

Afterwards it was time though for the wet dream of every German Junior Consultant, travelling on a day trip with a Senior Associate:

Here are more photos of the lounge: Lufthansa Business Lounge Frankfurt: Review & Photo Report (Gate B44)

Sorry for the potato salad obsession, but it has just become a great meme At some point every 5* experience had to end, but luckily the wonderful SQ Business Class was waiting for me at the gate (in the next post, otherwise there would be too many pics).