FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra seat for infant WITHOUT car seat
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:48 pm
thunderbird27

Question Extra seat for infant WITHOUT car seat

Hey,
I would like to get some infos/experience for people who travelled with infants on Aegean before. Our little one is not super excited about sitting on the lap for a long time, so I booked an extra seat for almost the regular adult price. The person on the phone pointed out that it is necessary to bring an approved car seat. I can't post the link to Aegean here but the site says:

Fare Rules
  • If infants are travelling on the accompanying adult’s lap, the Infant Fare applies.
  • If the adult prefers that the baby has his/her own seat (in compliance with the necessary safety standards), then a discount Child Fare (if available) must be purchased and the adult must carry a car-type seat with him/her, which should comply with the international safety standards (find out more below). The required procedure to be followed is to contact Aegean’s Call Center or his/her travel agent accordingly.

We don't really plan to have a car at the destination, so it would be useless to bring our car seat. Also, its ok for the infant to be on the lap for take-off/landing, we just want her to have some space to rest/sleep since it's a night flight.
Does anyone have experiences if they check for the car seat at check-in or boarding, or can we just assume to have the seat available as additional space for us? I'd rather not want them to give it to someone else just because we didn't bring the car seat...

Thanks!