FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality Suites/Clarion Hotel/Clarion Suites
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:11 pm
purplenightskylovertv
formerly Will Stonehocker

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There was a Quality Suites in Santa Ana CA on Hotel Terrace (near SNA "John Wayne" airport) that had two-room suites. It got deflagged a few years ago, then went indie (as "CW Suites"),and is now a Country Inn and Suites (part of Radisson Rewards). So there's at least one Country Inn & Suites now with two-room suites. And, btw, that property is just down the road from an actual Embassy Suites. (It refurbished somewhere along the way, but I'm not sure if it was while they were indie or only once they decided to become Country Inn & Suites.)

But the there was more difference than that between Quality Suites with two-room suites and Embassy. For one thing, all Embassy's I've seen are tower designs, while the one Quality I've seen with two-room suites is a sprawling multi-building two-story motel design. Also, the Embassy Suites two-room suites are be bigger than the two-room suites at this ex-Quality. (I stayed there many times when it was a Quality, and I've stayed there a few times since it became Country Inn & Suites. I never stayed during the indie "CW Suites" phase in between, because I'm all about hotel points, and you don't earn any at most indie hotels.).
interesting. i have not been to an embassy, a country inn/suites, or a quality hotel since when i was a little guy, but i believe you.