FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best superluxury resorts in Caribbean/Central America?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:10 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Has anyone been to Pink Sands Club Canouan? Mandarin Oriental took over this property a few months back but have now officially announced it (covered ony my site: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/mand...the-caribbean/).

The former Reservations Manager at Amanpulo is now the Reservations Manager here so I was talking to her. Although not sure about Mandarin Oriental's ability to run resorts, looks like an interesting place - the suites/villas certainly look fabulous (and while I'm not a fan of the pink, I think they've done a good job of implementing the original Pink Sands Club design it seems).
She said the coral around the area is pretty good. Of course the beach doesn't compare to Amanpulo, but the island (and resort) does have multiple beach areas.
Rates do seem on the high end, but that's the Caribbean for you. 4h45m direct flight from New York, the airport takes private jets too.

Has anyone been?