FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fell down plane stairs at Edinburgh
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:59 am
apollo00

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Zero chance. And I say that with some empathy. A few years ago, I broke my elbow slipping on a patch of ice on the bridge to my BA plane at LHR. Crew in charge was absolutely horrible too.
On an airbridge? I'm slightly amazed you wouldn't receive some compensation for that in the modern compensation culture, not to drift too far off topic but that seems quite clear but, you wouldn't really expect ice in what it broadly an indoor space. If you are not inclined to pursue such claims then fair play to you but I'd be amazed if there wasn't some liability there.

As to the OP, I think there's nothing which is reasonable anybodies fault about it, accidents happen and people do slip on stairs sometimes, from recollection of arrival procedures at EDI and what you've described I don't think they could reasonably do much to prevent such things happening once in a while. I think your best bet would be your travel insurance but you may find out how good your travel insurance really is when you make that claim.