FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA award showing on ANA and Aeroplan / Not United
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:29 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Sorry if this is something that's been discussed before - I couldn't find anything definitive. Even though I plan to call before transferring points to VS to book a RT ANA award, I've been tracking availability on ExpertFlyer and the ANA site. But just for better understanding, I also searched United and Aeroplan. With particular dates in mind where ANA shows availability (not waitlisted), ExpertFlyer agrees, Aeroplan agrees and United says no. So just trying to understand if a call is in order to verify availability (I suppose this might be prudent regardless), but I just don't want to make a big deal about earning points to transfer, only to find out the awards never existed outside of ANA in the first place. Is the general rule that if another *A partner has award availability, VS should be able to see it, even if not all *A are showing available inventory (i.e. United)?
This issue - not just for ANA availability but other *A - comes up often on the AC forum.

I read posts on the other *A partner forums where availability shows at one or two partner sites, but not across elsewhere. We are often reminded that airlines do not always release the same availability to all partners. ANA may release to UA MP but not Aeroplan, LH may release to Aeroplan but not SQ or ANA.

See comments in this thread. References to ANA start at post 9.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...te-issues.html