Old Aug 19, 18, 8:46 pm
stant

Programs: spg plat100 - lifetime gold / aa exec plat
i think the best thing that having ambassador status get me was having the front office staff of a resort destination make an exception for me when I needed to extend my stay because of a closure at the airport due to weather and the property was fully sold out - but that was done at the property and my ambassador had zero involvement in it.

in my experience an ambassador is best used to fix minor problems, like not getting a stay credited, or in my case, when I travel abroad my card provider likes to block international charges from going through unless I alert them, and when I book a prepaid rate it might get charged anywhere from right then, to months later when i travel. my ambassador can coordinate payment so it happens when the card company knows to expect charges from abroad.

sometimes I get little surprises from my ambassador - but watch out, at least once i was actually charged by the hotel for this little surprise treat.

I have never gotten any upgrades because of intervention from my ambassador that I know of...