FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:48 pm
davidsc111

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Yes as of right now disappointing but the certs are locked for a month and in the end I am confident Marriott will do what is completely fair for the owners of the old TP certs.
I was completely confident that they were going to be fair from the beginning...I was totally wrong. What makes you have such faith? I'm a huge MR supporter (maybe I should change it to past tense) but the way this was handled was purposefully deceptive. They knew the answers to how they would map the TP's, they knew their CS agents were giving out bad information and they knew that bad info would lead to many people getting the screw job. Really there is no other way to see it (aside from the "I told you so crowd"). Marriott has always been fair to me which is why, according to the newly updated app, I have 19 years of elite membership with them. However, the way this was handled was poor and I don't see how they make it right. Sure they could deposit some points back into people's account but that doesn't change the fact that we know they had bad intentions and are only relenting because of peer pressure.