Old Aug 19, 18, 3:48 pm
frenchft

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
I think difference in Ambassador experience between legacy Marriott and SPG properties may also have to deal with the relative "quality" of the hotel brand and relative "quality" of the hotel itself. I don't think geography is going to matter as much as brand category when it comes to better delivering Ambassador service and recognition.

As evidenced by the new award category assignments, there were proportionally far more upscale/luxury hotels in the SPG portfolio. I've said repeatedly that I think better hotels better execute the VIP service and recognition for Ambassador guests, as well as specific Ambassador requests. Less service oriented hotels don't elevate the experience as much in my experience.

My best Ambassador experiences have been at legacy SPG luxury brands: StR, Luxury Collection, and some W hotels. The comparable luxury hotels to those are a very small proportion of the overall Marriott portfolio: a mere 7 Edition hotels and the JWs. plus the Ritz-Carlton properties--and only 1 Autograph property, Domes of Elounda. That's it. And let's face it: JWs aren't nearly as luxurious as those other brands and are much larger on average, making it tougher again to be more individualized.

Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, and Tribute Portfolio hotels don't do nearly as much as the above legacy SPG luxury brands in providing me better Ambassador service on average. Their counterparts in the Marriott portfolio are the most common Marriott, Renaissance, Delta, Gaylord, and Autograph properties. That's almost the entirety proportionally of the Marriott full-service portfolio.

Four Points, Element, and Aloft properties have done very little on average to ever provide me with better Ambassador service or recognition. Their counterparts are the overwhelming bulk of the Marriott portfolio: Courtyard, Fairfield, Protea, SpringHill, AC, Moxy, Residence, and TownePlace.

I think some unwisely might be expecting more from Ambassador service at "upscale" and select service/limited service hotel brands (that don't do as much service-wise in the first place) than will ever be commonly delivered. That isn't a knock on Ambassador service; it's a statement of reality about the nature of those brands and their inherent service standards.
I tend to agree with you. Sounds quite logical. And to be honest I find very very funny that Marriott put in the same category / Level RC-STR-JW... JW are nice business hotels but are far from the amazing and globally equal service at ST Regis. I'm not a big fan of RC, tend to find them super Vegas / Kitchy / barroco / cheesy but even here St regis is the winner.

For Sheraton I would said I had in some not popular / international / easy to reach destination I had really king treatment. I was the first ambassador staying in some of those properties and was like a kind of local event )))