FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Kiosks Declarations and Food Questions
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:35 pm
polarbears

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Yes, the agriculture scan is quick. BUT....what if you get stuck at the back of a huge line of other people waiting to be searched or scanned? You could be standing there waiting 45 minutes for your 10-second scan. I've seen lines that look very slow-moving at certain airports. Not worth it IMHO.
In SFO I've declared (chocolate, candy, cheese, etc) a bunch of times.

The few times there's been more than one or two groups waiting they've put me in a separate "global entry line" (with no people).

I haven't traveled internationally much the last months and haven't declared anything since they changed the immigration/customs process in SFO. When I came back from a trip in June they took my global entry receipt rather than handing it to the second customs persons when walking out.

I didn't have anything back with me, so I don't know what would have happened if I'd had a checked bag and something to declare. I read something about they'd fetch my bag? It does sound potentially more annoying.