FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Platinum Premiers: is your status showing up everywhere?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:24 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Do all (previous program) plat premiers get 2018 ambassadors?

I've been (old program, double-secret-probation-level) Marriott Platinum Premier for the last 3 or so years, but was not part of the Marriott pilot ambassador program. I noticed today on the app that I'm now (new) Platinum Premier + Ambassador, with 110 nights + $19928 spend this year, $72 short of this year's ambassador qualification (I'll go over that as soon as two missing stays post, but they haven't posted yet). I'm pretty sure my activity last year (with Marriott) was > 100 days and $20K spend, with almost no Starwood activity, but they didn't (publicly) track spend, so I'm not absolutely sure.

So I wonder why it has me as an ambassador already this year. Is it it because all (old program) PP's were given ambassador status, or is it based on my 2017 activity?

In other words, did any (old program) PPs here NOT get 2018 ambassador status with the merger? (ed: I typo'd 2019 in the title, I meant 2018). [Fixed by moderator.]

Just wondering

Last edited by bdschobel; Aug 20, 2018 at 7:59 am Reason: fixed thread title