FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sorry GGL on a Full-Flex J Ticket - Your Delay is Under 5 Hours We Wouldn’t Help You
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:48 am
Anonba

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It all sounds a bit strange. First, I am not aware of a 5 hour rule. I thought it was 2 hours though I may be wrong? Second, trying to understand the actual detail. I assume that this was the outbound part of a return so that a change would attract fare recalculation? Even then I wonder what bucket this was booked in and what was available as a 9k J ticket to JFK whilst keeping the same return would seem unusual. Third, indeed, unfortunately, the BA back office will help you in case of timetable changes but not of expected delays on the day. That is very much airport control and discretion. My guess is that if this was indeed booked in - say, C and the delay was confirmed as 1h30 at the time you arrived, with you being GGL, the airport would have quite likely accommodated you on the previous flight if there was space. That said, if only J seats were selling, which the price difference you quote suggests, it may well have been overbooked in the first place.
Hi the 2 hour rule is in regards to schedule changes in advance, where if it that much change to the time a full refund is an option.