FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your last SPG stay
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:43 pm
DCFlyer0306

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Sheraton West Des Moines Iowa - better than expected stay, hotel is under renovation and getting better, it is very obviously a former Embassy Suites

Fantastic stay last week at the Westin Dallas Galleria - this will be how I remember SPG - upgrade to a phenomenal suite with full living room, 2 full bathrooms, floor-to-ceiling windows; fantastic Club lounge with plenty of food and complementary drinks during HH; friendly staff at the front desk, restaurant, and lounge -- in general just felt taken care of and recognized for my loyalty to SPG

I will desperately miss SPG. It was the only rewards program that I truly cared about renewing each year -- had a couple of "lean" travel years and always did 1-2 mattress runs if needed to keep my Platinum status. Qualified for Lifetime Platinum in April.

First 3 hotels were on leisure trips when I was younger - Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires, Four Points Montevideo, and Sheraton Iguazu Falls -- it showed the range and depth of the brand and I've been hooked ever since

I truly felt that SPG was a large and important part of my identity as a traveler. I will sincerely miss it.