FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone’s been sleeping in my bed
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:21 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Read reviews thoroughly. Ask the host questions when you’re booking. You can generally tell by the photos whether a room is dedicated to Airbnb guests or used regularly by the host. Are there personal belongings visible, or is it clearly a guest room?

And please, leave honest and thorough reviews after your stay.

I despise stays like this and guard against them. One of my earliest Airbnb stays was in a two-bedroom Vegas condo, in the bedroom belonging to the host, who would go and stay at his girlfriend’s apartment when he had guests. Not only did he not clean the bathroom particularly well for guests, he also had a roommate, which was quite awkward. I felt like I was intruding on that poor guy’s space every time I used the kitchen or the living room. I also had a stay once in a small two-bedroom condo in Honolulu, which would have been fine, except the host’s adult daughter, son-in-law, and two toddlers were all staying there at the same time, sleeping in her living room. She explained that it was an emergency because of some housing issues that cropped up for the daughter’s family. That was a ridiculous and, again, awkward situation for me and for them. In both cases, I mentioned the issues in my reviews.