FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:07 pm
br2k

Not United (but I don't know if Lufthansa has a thread like that). I am on an award 1st class ticket DEL-FRA. We are standing in the middle, with an LH "personal assistant" assigned to us (2 pax), waiting to board. Not in a rush, it ain't flying without us.
There is a *very* long line of passengers with children and special needs, that is boarding first - to the left of us. To the right - line of business class passengers, also quite long (it's an A380), then what's left of Y.
A guy runs out of the middle of the priority boarding line, runs straight to our "personal assistant" and starts loudly complaining that "he paid for his business class ticket" and "he should board first", "why does he have to stand in line with these people". He called the Y pax a few choice names (some in local language I don't understand). One of his phrases that stuck in my mind was "I should not stand in line with those people, they work for me" - I guess he was implying that he's a boss of all those Y pax. Mind you, this guy is dragging a worn out extra size "American Standard" suitcase.
I have to give a lot of credit to the LH agent - she was polite and calm, and somehow succeeded to usher that guy to the business class line.

A few minutes later, priority boarding is done and we are moving up and getting boarding passes scanned. A lady runs behind us and wants to be let on board first. She's also waiving a business class ticket that "she paid for herself". Again she picks our "personal assistant" out of a half dozen of LH agents around. When it was explained to her that the long line to her right is all business class, just like her, she was very unhappy. "I paid for business, why should I stand in a long line".

Then there was more of the same on board, but that's for another time.

I don't know if this is Delhi or something in the water, but there was a lot of entitlement in the air that day. Sorry if offtopic, but have never seen quite so much of DYKWIA at one time.