FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Recs for 2019 trip
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:10 pm
zack14

Originally Posted by kmd0506
We have visited Baros 3 times in the last 3 years and it is probably our favorite hotel in the world. We did 2 stays in an overwater bungalow with pool and 1 in their premium pool villa (to be honest we preferred the premium pool villa, mostly because we liked that there was a covered outdoor area that we were able to enjoy in the rain).
Other bonuses for us:
-It is a boat transfer from the airport- during our most recent visit there was a pretty bad storm that came through that delayed/cancelled sea plane flights for I think 2 days of our visits, so people couldn't get to their resorts and were stuck at the airport/Male.
-No kids under the age of 8 guarantees a more peaceful time
-Marine biologist on staff at their dive center and a house reef (albeit with unfortunately common bleaching), but we have seen turtles and sharks on every visit. Marine biologist led the night snorkeling "experience" which I loved, but my husband did not.

I actually think the staff is more attentive than some true "luxury" properties we have stayed at. I like the food, we generally ate a late breakfast, had a lighter lunch then did a bigger dinner, and there was a nice enough variety of food that we didn't get bored with the options. We did a nicer meal each trip, and I think the food is very good given the location. I have done 1 spa visit over our trips, I liked the massage/spa but much happier to be in the water snorkeling or diving while there. Happy to answer any other Baros specific questions you have.
On average, how much did you spend on dinner a night there?