FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:19 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

UA needs some nit-pickers to help them with their language/phrasing.
While I agree the language in the abstract could be deemed ambiguous, I really don't think it is in this context. Airlines have traditionally offered free alcoholic beverages (plural) in long-haul Y. I understand the ps E+ service to basically mimic that traditional practice. If they want to say "one drink" they need to say "one drink." Which is exactly what they've done when they intend to so limit it:
One way that we're enhancing the inflight experience for our most frequent flyers is by offering MileagePlus members with Premier® 1K® status free alcoholic beverages and snacks in United Economy®. If you’re a member with Premier 1K status, you'll receive one free alcoholic beverage and one free Choice Menu food item when traveling in United Economy on any United- or United Express®-operated flight system-wide, subject to availability on your flight.
Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy

And on the webpage discussing the ps E+ benefit, they describe it as equivalent to the premium cabin benefit:

Alcoholic beverages are complimentary in premium cabins on all flights and in Economy Plus® on premium transcontinental flights.
Inflight Beverages

Obviously premium cabin passengers are not limited to a single drink.

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Flew on Tuesday and don't remember anything changed, though I kept my pillow off to the side so don't remember exactly the size.
Today mine was small and lumpy. Like those horrible old ones under Smisek, only smaller. Nothing like what you get in international Polaris.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 17, 2018 at 8:39 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member