FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:01 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Yup. I always think twice before boarding as GS in MFR because I get more grief there than anywhere else. For example, when I'm with my 12-yo, I get "Hey, he's a lot older than 2!" (happened more than once). People don't get GS (or any airline status) in MFR. There's a certain "egalitarian" spirit in Southern Oregon. You see that on the freeways, where a solid moiety drive really slow in the left lane, but will speed up to 85 if you try to go around them. "You can't get ahead of me. If you try, I'm going to stop you!"

To keep this on topic, one MFR guy who got a First Class upgrade insisted on boarding with me. The agent must have stopped him and explained GS to him, because he spent the entire flight trying to figure out who I was, asking me for a biz card, etc.. I pretty much said: you Don't Know Who I Am (DKWIA) and you never will.
Love the post! Fly in and out of MFR often (miss the old Red Baron) and indeed GS is as rare as hen's teeth there. Just being 1K it is one of the places I can almost guarantee myself of a CPU. Always and interesting crowd out of MFR.