FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:57 am
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by tmiw
Google Pay definitely works at 7-Eleven in my experience. I'm not sure why only MST works there with Samsung Pay though, but the clerk this morning apparently knew enough to suggest that I tapped the side of the terminal.

When your solution is basically a clever hack to support outdated terminals, stuff like this is bound to happen.

On that note, my cards haven't been wiped from my S3 since last week. However, it's too early to tell if that means that the latest software update fixed the issue or if I finally found a workaround (power cycling both the phone and watch once a week).
Mine were wiped out on 11th, but I updated both Gear App (now called Wear), and the OS on the watch to the latest. The watch also started to overheat when charging, and was not fully charging. This update fixed it. Regarding cards wipe-out, it happened to me 7 times since June. It happens every 10-12 days. So I will need to wait at least till 21st for the next wipe-out.