FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:10 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I also have a friend who recently stayed and raved about Sveti Stefan. She said it was almost a perfect stay. I do not think a few anecdotal experiences, as awful as they may seem, are sufficient to prove a systemic problem at an hotel.
The two separate reviews for stays a week or two apart include too many consistent details for the problem to be merely anecdotal. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The number of unacceptable details for both experiences is excessive by any luxury standard. The lack of service recovery in either instance is absolutely galling and wholly unacceptable by any luxury standard. It is even more galling that this is occurring at an Aman property.

The fact that some are mentioning some of the same issues from stays a year prior is also reflective of the serious problem at Aman SS.

While your friend had a very nice stay, that was then--and this is now. That this can happen now, and has happened twice now that we know of, is absolutely concerning and certainly reflects a systemic problem. I sure won't be visiting anytime soon and wouldn't visit in the future without a proven track record that showcases these issues are resolved--and that the service recovery is concomitant to the horrendous details shared now.

When a hotel can't provide appropriate service recovery for misses, it reflects that management and ownership don't really believe there's a problem or that it doesn't matter to bringing in future guests. It matters to me. For an Aman, it really matters.