View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 18, 9:25 am
jrey

Originally Posted by sinfonia View Post
So in all, I have purchased 4 TPs (which is a little ridiculous for me, but I am a sucker for the deal), and I have attached every one to a reservation . . .

And then tonight, I felt a little bit like a gambler and decided to purchase a cat 1-5 and leave it unattached. I called in and gave the agent my American mileage number, but at the last second, asked if it was too late to do United instead. She said it was not too late and so I provided my United number.

Now, I see in my account that one TP was ordered, then the hotel portion of it was credited back (45K), then another TP was ordered. So, basically, it now looks as if I have purchased TWO, but turned in the hotel portion of one. This is definitely not what I asked for.

I have been on the phone for awhile with another agent trying to rectify this, and she is on hold for a supervisor somewhere else who says that the people to fix this are not in until tomorrow.

Has anyone had this same experience and if so, any suggestion as to the best person to contact to fix this or the easiest way to go about reversing it? I am uncomfortable having now 540K (well, 495) removed from my account over this mistake.

Thanks.

This is what happened to me. I purchased a 5-night package with 120 miles to AS for 235K points. The miles didn't post after a week so I called. The called was transferred at least 2 times and I had spoken to maybe 3-4 reps and was eventually told that I wasn't supposed to get the 5N TP so the original rep who sold the TP to me did not process correctly. So they had to reorder the (5N) TP for me. What they did was they gave me back 190K points and then deducted another 235K points from my account. So at this point I had 2 cat 1-5 certificates since they did not cancel the previous one. So total I had spent 235K+235K-190K=280K points and got two 5N cat 1-5 certificates and 120K AS miles. The call was maybe longer than 2 hours. What interesting was, at that time I had a 5N reservation at a cat 8 property which will be in the new cat 6 property after August 18 with no certificate attached and I also had a 5N cat 6 certificate available. I was planing to upgrade it later. What happened that day was, after I hung up and checked back on my account online, my cat 6 certificate disappeared from my account and the cat 8 reservation has a certificate attached. I called later and asked them to verify and yes my cat 6 certificate was attached to the reservation. One of the reps involved in the previous call did it but never told me about it. I am not sure what will happen at the check in time.