FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:12 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Happy
The problems are, due to the ultra opaqueness on how the existing certs will convert post merger, as well as how or if, there is any refund on the properties that go down in points per night. not to mention we cannot book SPG properties until Sept 18 - many of us can NOT attach the certs or even know which category of cert to redeem!
For example, what would happen if the current Cat 6 properties will be the new Cat 4, how would I get the 30K extra payment back? No answer. There is no correspondent 30K/night either, now the pts jump from 25K to 35K to 50K versus the sequential 30K incremental increase.

I have to say that by not letting members to up or down grade their certs once the information is finally available for members to make more intelligent decision versus now we are deliberately being kept in the dark, Marriott is hoping to get the biggest breakage from the hotel stay portion of the Travel Package. The real value in the Travel Package, at least in my situation, is the very cheap 7 nights stay. Marriott is playing the dirty game to generate as much breakage as possible.
It will be interesting to see what kind of lawsuits may arise against Marriott for this situation, if customers are done wrong by this situation. Customers who may get wronged by this kind of situation may end up being part of a class action lawsuit or two.