FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:30 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Best hotel for 21-hour stay in Singapore?

My wife and I will pass through Singapore on a Saturday this November, arriving about 6 am from Johannesburg and then departing about 3 am Sunday for LAX (the routing is a long, award-related story). Even after freshening up at the airport upon arrival (in an SQ premium cabin, so decently rested) and perhaps bopping around the airport a bit since we like it, we'd probably be at the hotel by 8 or 9. We've been to Singapore before, so might opt to just hang out at the hotel for the day, until about midnight.

Right now I have a room reserved at the Westin because it has a decent lounge (with adjoining outside pool area) we can hang out in if we can't check in very early. But it occurs to me that, with the same Platinum status at Marriott, I should consider Marriott options as well.

I realize that it's very unlikely a hotel would give us a room that early unless we got lucky, so is there any particular Marriott property that would be best to kill time at through the morning and even early afternoon, such as simply hanging out and perhaps snoozing by the pool? While there's a chance we'd go out for lunch or dinner, visit the Botanical Gardens or otherwise wander around for a few hours, our priority would be just a comfortable place to relax before and after we check into the room.

I also understand that weekends tend to be busier at Singapore hotels, with weddings and other functions. So if there are any that are less likely to be jammed on a Saturday, I'd appreciate knowing about that.

For what it's worth, I'd likely book with points and am also interested in how Platinums tend to be treated.

Thanks for any advice.