FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renew cut off early?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:44 pm
fairhsa

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I am currently sitting at 1,205 Club Points, but my membership year does not end until 31.Jan. I do not intend to early reset, as that would effectively shorten my Diamond status by almost 6 months. I will not put my MPC number on my upcoming flights for the rest of this year (estimate another 500 CP minimum), and will just retroactively claim on 01.Feb and apply the CP to the new membership year. I am still sitting on last year's 4 bookable upgrades (must use by 31.Jan), and intend to apply them to flights next year. I do not need the bookable upgrades from this year's membership year because I will probably burn a lot of points next year to take F on a few flights.

If I were you, I would not early reset your membership, but just retroactively claim and credit the flights to next membership year (if you do not find any value in hitting 1,600 CP).
That would mean I would miss my benefits for 2.5 months - lounge I can deal with by showing my card, but my OP-UP's would not occur. About half my trips in the next 2.5 months are regional trips in Economy or PEY, and my OP-UP rate as a DM is about 50%... not trivial. But my long haul on Qatar.... no CX benefits I can think of except a slightly better lounge in Doha....I wonder if I can extract my CX number from the booking?