FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:01 pm
misterfuss

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Can I SDC with uncleared miles/copay?

I searched the forums and didn't see an answer to a similar situation as mine. My spouse and I are traveling SFO-ORD-FCO in a few days and requested an upgrade using miles and co-pay. We haven't cleared the transatlantic flight yet although the seat map and availability is showing 5 seats/reservations available in J but zero in R. We HAVE cleared into F on the SFO-ORD flight though. Looking at the IAD-FCO flight the same day, there is 4R bucket reservations available (8J reservations available.) This availability doesn't show up if I search for SFO-IAD-FCO though and SFO-IAD appears full in front.

Can I change my miles and copay to another flight SFO-IAD-FCO vs. SFO-ORD-FCO via SDC? (I understand we would be in Y class SFO-IAD but desire Business First IAD-FCO.)

Or should we just stick with our original flights since 5 seats still show available?

Thanks,
misterfuss

Last edited by misterfuss; Aug 16, 2018 at 8:03 pm Reason: clarity and added question