FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:51 pm
flying_donkeys12
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by TheHorta
They're "love handles."

I forgot about this thread, so I guess I'll pony-up:

27 JUL - DL1129 LAX>ATL - T3/G36 - the gate area is SO undersized it's impossible to get to your "line" (if there is one). There were FOUR GAs present, so ample personnel to handle any eventuality. PA sounds like an asthmatic trying to shout through a soda straw. GA calls for pre-boards, and they come -- about 8-10 in all, including wheelchairs, strollers, infants-in-arms, and those "needing extra time." Then come some more young, very able-bodied pax... then some more... then some more. The GA never did anything to stem the tide and just let everyone keep-on coming. The PREM line was standing there, until about 30-40 pax went through, then we collectively decided to just go.

It was a sold-out 757, so not a few pax. The entire gate scene was a cluster****, and none of the 4 GAs lifted a finger to organize the free-for-all.

I've seen similar situations, but not on this scale and not with such a complete disregard for any attempt at organization.

Regardless, everyone got on and we left on-time and arrived safely (obviously), which is the ultimate goal.
Looks like your pulling double time. Posting the same story in multiple threads. I may be wrong, but I don’t think there is a prize for reaching a certain number of posts.