FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best superluxury resorts in Caribbean/Central America?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:03 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by noreservations
Oh wow didn't even think about hurricane season. That explains why the few places I looked were closed. Just assumed it was off season.

I'm really in need of unplugging and getting some beach time, and the SO wants massages and access to good food. If only Hawaii weren't so far away.

Would love to stay above my normal range of Hiltons and Sheratons, and break into the St Regis and Ritz-Carlton range. Guess I was thinking $500/night would be in the zone, not quite ready for the Fregate and Nacker Island level resorts yet.
So maybe consider the St Regis Punta Mita north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Not too long a flight, and certainly shorter than going to Hawaii. Plus that resort is nicer than just about any resort in Hawaii! It will be low season in September, too. Much less risk of hurricanes, normally--though this winter is suspected to be a possible El Nino--meaning the Pacific might see more hurricanes and the Caribbean might see fewer.