FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:01 pm
turner32

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by #1son
Intercontinental Moscow Tverskaya

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
booked cheapest room and received a 4 class upgrade to 200+ sqm Presidential Suite with huge terrace

How are the rooms?
the room was well-appointed and bathroom was larger then the average hotel room in Europe but had an odd post-Soviet decor ;-)

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is quite nice but I felt the food and drinks offering was sort of 2nd rate, nice RAs can have breakfast in main restaurant too

Did you receive a welcome gift?
a $6 bottle of wine

How was the minibar?
stripped down as usual, couple beers, colas, water, juices and a split of Prosseco.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
upgrade was awesome
service is fairly solid
fit club is decent
great location IMO

-Bad
stripped down mini-bar
believe they could "up their game" in for Club Lounge food + drinks

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
incredible value as an RA, particularly with recent ruble devaluation

Would you return?
for sure
Great upgrade, by the way, nice work!

You do not need to accept the stripped-out mini-bar.

I emailed in advance, expressing my concern about this. I was assured that RA would receive real mini-bar.

I had 2 stays booked, several days apart. The first one, I received mini-bar with vodkas, gins, VSOP's, and some local vodkas, plus splits of red/white wine, Prosecco and Champagne, plus beers, mixers, stc.

The first stay, everything was correct. The second stay (after cancelling and re-booking the Best Flex) was the stripped mini-bar.

It seems that the Guest Relations manager puts a note on your account to ensure proper mini-bar, assuming you email in advance.

I assume this note was perhaps removed when I re-booked, hence the issue on the second stay.

It can only be, that her superiors attempt to withhold the standard mini-bar from RA's, and only fulfill, once challenged.

That said, she's a sweetheart, and will ensure everything goes smoothly, - [email protected]