FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking with schedule change and no help from SK
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:56 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Probably the easiest solution is to propose to fly one day earlier to BRU. Due to the pointing to each other I assume you would have to pay for the hotel there yourself even though SK should push AC hard to cover it.
? How is this going to help the OP? The rescheduled flight is YUL-MCO (not the BRU-YUL flight). No doubt that the OP will make it to YUL as originally booked (save for any delays enroute or further schedule changes) but the OP will be on a different flight to MCO than originally booked. It appears that AC1638 YUL-MCO at 8PM would work for the OP.

EC reg. 261/04 certainly applies to this itinerary, even if performed by AC. The ticket is an ex ARN/EU ticket and the fact that it is the non-EU leg affected is immaterial.

On 18 April 2019 there is a AC flight YUL-MCO at 8PM (AC 1638) so most likely the OP will be rebooked to this flight by AC at BRU or YUL. If the outcome is that the OP needs to wait until the following morning til fly YUL-MCO and AC refuses to pay for hotel and meals during the YUL transfer, I would pay myself and demand reimbursement from AC later under the duty of care under EC Reg. 261/04 - but most likely it will not get this far. Most likely this will resolved before the travel date - if the OP doesn't do anything AC is likely to rebook the pax at some stage, eventually on the day of departure. So there is really no need to panic about the last flight being unconfirmed for now.