FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unnecessary daggers thrown...
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:05 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
You've absolutely put my experience yesterday afternoon into context.

I was in 1F CE and some guy from an aisle seat a few rows back told me that he had to sit next to his work partner who was in 1D. I responded politely that I wasn't inclined to move.

Guy from a few rows back tells the CSM that he needs to move me so that he and his work colleague could sit together, again by saying loudly "we're both Gold Card holders".

The CSM is great and says that I don't need to move. Guy from a few rows back then moves to 2C and proceeds to talk very loudly at 1D for the entire 90-minute flight. I don't think 1D even got more than 10% of the conversation but it meant that me, 2F and probably most of the cabin were treated to a nearly 90-minute loud monologue about some very tedious work subjects, interspersed now and again with "this would be easier if we were sitting together" comments.

I thought I was annoyed about this, but having read your story, I was reminded that my flight was only 90 minutes and mine didn't involve a husband who felt he was being slighted...