FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AT&T Access More card (Discontinued)
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:28 am
ZzzzX

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But to earn 5% equivalent or even much more on Amazon (through several Chase avenues, including 5x UR points transferable to several airlines 1:1) is even more amazing, and some people find they can buy almost anything they need to buy online through Amazon.

So it would seem to me, if someone is already using another card for even better return on Amazon, that for such a person it depends on how many things they buy online that they can't get on Amazon. And that's what might change drastically from one person to the next.

For me, it's only a few hundred a year most years I spend onliine on what I don't buy on Amazon -- and that's mostly from online camera store retailers which only seem to work via PayPal, if at all, with the AT&T Access cards for 3x/2x -- plus an occasional used CD on ebay -- and that level of spend doesn't seem to make a $95 AF card worth it for me for an extra few hundred points per year (at one extra point per dollar compared to the no AF card)..

Plus it depends on how they travel. Buying trip using credit card points through a portal can be a good value for coach, but it's not likely to compete with transferring points to the right airline if your goal is to fly business class (or above).

Does At&T Access More (by itself) allow you to transfer 1:1 to multiple airlines, or do you have to hold yet another $95/year card (Citi TYP Premier) to be able to do that? If only the latter, it might depend on whether you also hold the Premier as to whether the Access More card works for you. If you can only transfer Chase UR to airlines, but can only use Citi TYP through a booking portal, and you're mostly interested in business class (or above), then this card might have less for you than if you're mostly interested in coach for which the booking portal works well.
This card was great when it had a lot of transfer partners. Citi has gutted transfer options so I’m getting rid of this one and Prestige.