FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Still here another day and will ask about whether there are outside guests at the pools and spa, but it doesn’t seem so to me. The Russian social media “infleuencers” are all over the other beaches and walking around the Island doing their tireless photo shoots though. I believe that the hotel supplements a lot of the F&B $$$ by allowing outside guests to come eat at the restaurants, but many of those guests seem to be milling about the property afterwards to attempt their “photo shoots”. I have seen the GM’s a couple of times during the stay and they seem to be around here and there.

Once again, I’d reiterate that the issues here seem to be things that could be fixed pretty easily with some better local staff training and TLC to the property. We
asked about spa menus at the front desk (there were none in our room) and we were told “look in your room, it’s there!”. Turns out that it wasn’t and when we went to the spa they told us they are in the process of publishing a new spa brochure and we should have it “in the rooms within the next few days”. Why was this never communicated to the front desk staff?

We adhere to a strict diet and communicated with the Exec. Chef extensively in advance of the stay. He was excellent and although many of the products we needed weren’t available locally, he worked hard to source them and we were able to eat pretty well considering the circumstances. But attempting to explain it to other staff, especially at the pool and beach and asking them to check ingredients on a menu item, or to leave certain things out from a drink order was an exercise in futility.

I’m also pretty surprised that the staff is allowed to smoke on property so publically. I know it’s Europe, but didn’t expect the guy operating the boat between the Island and Villa Milocer to have a lit cigarette in his mouth while operating the boat filled with passengers. We also asked the driver who picked us up from the airport for the WiFi password for the van and he gave us what was clearly the wrong one and when we told
him it wasn’t connecting he just shrugged his shoulders and went back to whatsapping his girlfriend the rest of the (long) drive to Sveti Stefan.

Other than a select few employees here who seems to be professional and take their jobs seriously,
the majority of the staff here seems to operate without proper training and others with a complete disregard for the guests, their superiors and even their jobs.

The footprint at the this wonderful property is clearly Aman, but at the moment, it may as well be under the management of Sheraton or Doubletree. We still
enjoyed (as we would at a beautiful 3.5 star resort) but are disappointed what the soft product turned out to be, especially considering the hype and seasonally very high prices here.

Perhaps those guests who don’t normally stay with Aman are ok with this, but the Aman regulars who we’ve bumped into during the last few days here have very much been disappointed.
None of this behavior is remotely ok. Every staff member should know your food preferences; given how much you communicated them in advance..

The driver should use his phone once- that's to le the hotel know that you're on the way..

I remember that there was a lot of smoking in Montonegro but this behavior at an international chain of an employee smoking while working is unacceptable..

Have you talked to the Tibbles? Most GMs I've met are very very engaging...

My last two Aman visits, Amansara and Amanoi the GMs were off site. They had very capable second and third in commands and the entire stay went smoothly... It should never ever be a situation of "if the cats are away, the mice play". The training should be so good that the ship sails itself without the captain.. this is very very disturbing and really strikes Sveti Stefan off the list for me....

FDW