FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:00 am
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I'm now thinking my best strategy is to hold off on ordering a TP and keep the points to score redemption opportunities at SPG resorts while those with TPs are frozen for a month. I only have enough for a cat 5 120K, and most of my redemption dreams are higher tiers. I could top up with Chase URs but now I'm thinking of even speculatively transferring those to Korean Air given the latest news of Chase dropping them as a transfer partner. I think Marriott is trying to be fair to all customers. Be generous with existing TP's owners, but to make those members who didn't game the system with a month long period to scoop up the best award bookings for the year.

Those with enough points to do both TP's and still have enough for any potential 60,000 MR rates, well done.
Good strategy!

Those 7-night TPs are not flexible. They are only good for resort type where you stay at the same hotel for consecutive 7-days. I'd use them to stay at Caribbean, like Mexico, Puerto Rico, where you do not want to wonder outside the resort much. Or you stay at large city and you want to explore it deeply.

I get a dozen free hotel nights to redeem. They are far more flexible. Of course they are good only to 35,000 or 50,00 MR redemption.